Medical practitioners have told us they have “heard them all,” but we know that your story is important, to you, to us, and to people who have no idea what it is like to have a balance or dizziness disorder.
By sharing your story, you can help to educate others about imbalance and dizziness as well as provide support and encouragement to those who may be having similar experiences. We welcome stories about:
- hope, resilience, kindness, helpfulness, understanding, determination, ingenuity and so on
- positive action or advocacy
- conveying to others that they are not alone in their struggle with imbalance and dizziness
- how having a balance/dizziness disorder changed your life
- how our Society helped you cope with imbalance and dizziness
Guidelines for writing your story:
- Please write 1,000 words or less. If we need more information, we will contact you.
- Identify your type of disorder at the beginning of your story. If you do not have a diagnosis, please describe how you feel.
- Avoid lengthy treatment descriptions. Instead, please focus on what you believe could help others, based on your experience.
- Refrain from naming specific medications.
- Do not include names of people; instead, say something like “my sister,” “my new lawyer,” “the emergency physician,” and so on.
- IMPORTANT: Please also see Editorial Guidelines.
Submit your story using the form below: