Gaining Balance Vestibular Rehabilitation Exercise Video
Our Gaining Balance video consists of 35 minutes of vestibular rehabilitation exercises specially designed for people with balance and dizziness disorders. They can be done at home with no special equipment. Instructor Pauline Martin is a physiotherapist who specializes in treating vestibular disorders.
Gaining Balance: How to Purchase Downloadable Video (MP4)
- The cost of the downloadable video is $10.00 CAD.
- After purchase, you will be taken to a page to download the file. You will also get an email containing the same download link.
- It is a large file (3.6 GB), so please give it plenty of time to download.
- After downloading the MP4 file, locate it on your hard drive and run it from there using a video player such as VLC.
- You can pay by credit card or PayPal using the blue "Purchase" button below.
- Please note that this is a final sale (no returns or refunds).
- If you play the video directly from the Chrome browser and there's no audio, please try another browser, like Microsoft Edge or Firefox.
- If you cannot play the video or hear the audio from your downloaded file when using a video player, try the free VLC player, which seems to work for everyone: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.
- Privacy & Security Policy
Gaining Balance: How to Purchase DVD (Physical Product)
- The DVD version of Gaining Balance is a physical product that will be mailed to you.
- The cost of the DVD is $25 CAD for BC Balance and Dizziness members and $30 CAD for non-members. The price includes shipping to addresses in Canada.
- Canadian online orders - pay by PayPal or by credit card using the "Buy Now" button below.
- IMPORTANT: Please select your Membership Status from the drop down list.
- In person - a $5 discount applies to DVDs purchased (cash or cheque) at a BC Balance and Dizziness event.
- International and bulk orders of DVDs - please contact us. For international orders, the price is greater only to cover additional postage costs.
- Return and refund policy (applies to DVD purchases only)
- Privacy & Security Policy
In this 13-minute video, several BC Balance and Dizziness members, including the husband of a dizzy wife, share how chronic dizziness changed their lives. It is inspiring to learn how diligent practice of the exercises demonstrated on our Gaining Balance video helped them cope with dizziness and get on with their lives.
After doing the [Gaining Balance] exercises there are certain movements I can do now, like putting my head back and looking at the ceiling without feeling any dizziness. Now I can cope with my life and do more - I have more confidence in myself. ~ Cynthia Wu
Pauline [Pauline Martin is the instructor on the Gaining Balance video] always pushed us to the point of feeling dizzy and encouraged us that that was where we needed to work. We were to do the things that made us dizzy so that we could learn to cope with them. The exercises really helped me. I have not had to use a cane for three years. Although I’m still dizzy, I’m able to cope. Life is definitely worth living again. ~ Rae Smith
I learned to trust Pauline [Pauline Martin is the instructor on the Gaining Balance video]. With time I found that the more often I did the movement the better I could cope with it. There are movements I can do now that don’t make me dizzy at all. It’s marvellous. ~ Muriel Kauffmann