BC Balance and Dizziness

Supporting, inspiring and educating those affected by balance and dizziness disorders

Vestibular Disorders

We would recommend that you consult with your Family Doctor or GP (General Practitioner) since you have been feeling dizzy for a few days days and the symptoms have not subsided spontaneously. Should you have other symptoms or your current symptoms become acute, we recommend that you to go to Emergency. For instance, if you are vomiting, you could become dangerously dehydrated. Your family doctor will be able to identify any risk factors for dizziness in your medical history and on your medication list. They will obtain a detailed description of your dizziness and other associated symptoms and may perform some clinical tests to decide whether a referral to an ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat doctor), Neurologist or any other specialist, such as a Vestibular Physiotherapist, is warranted. Often the Vestibular Physiotherapist can provide you with a trial rehabilitation program while you wait to the see the specialists. This program may be effective in addressing your symptoms and may therefore be worthwhile exploring sooner rather than later. Visit our Health Professionals Directory to find a qualified provider near you.

Load More

If you find our information valuable, we ask you for your help. The cause of supporting those affected by balance and dizziness disorders with up-to-date, evidence-based information written for Canadians, needs you. Will you consider becoming its champion by making a gift or becoming a member?

Translate »
Scroll Up