We have changed our name.
We changed our legal name from the BC Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society to the Canadian Balance and Dizziness Disorders Society. Less formally, we will be known as: Balance & Dizziness Canada.
Our reach is national.
Balance & Dizziness Canada finally embraces what our organization has always been: a society with nation-wide impact. Since our founding in 1999, people from across Canada have come to us for information, asking us questions, and supporting us through membership.
“Our new name gives us access to a much larger pool of vestibular professionals to present nation-wide virtual talks, translate some of our vestibular disorders articles into French and answer complex ‘Ask an Expert’ questions,” says our President, Erica Zaia, MSc RAUD. “It will better contribute to the long-term sustainability of the Society and enrich the support we already offer.”
Our purpose remains unchanged.
Balance & Dizziness Canada will continue to support, inspire, and educate those affected by balance and dizziness disorders and develop awareness of the issues surrounding these disorders.
Balance & Dizziness Canada helps people by:
- providing ad-free, up-to-date, evidence-based information about balance and dizziness disorders written from a Canadian perspective to help people have a solid understanding and advocate for themselves
- answering questions related to balance and dizziness disorders
- maintaining an online list of practitioners who specialize in treating balance and dizziness disorders
- sharing news and stories about balance and dizziness issues through our website and social media
- distributing Gaining Balance, our video of professionally-led vestibular rehabilitation exercises designed for home use
Our website, social media feeds and other documentation will be updated over the coming days.
We continue to be entirely funded by memberships and other donations. Celebrate this exciting milestone by contributing to Balance & Dizziness Canada.